To convert your SOHO Organizer 7.x data to SOHO Organizer 8:
Before you convert your 7.x data, you should always make a backup of your database ﬁrst. Follow the steps be-
low to back up your SOHO Organizer 7.x data and convert it for use with SOHO Organizer 8.
1) Launch SOHO Organizer 7.x.
2) Choose File > Back Up Database > To a File, and save the backup to a safe location.
3) Quit SOHO Organizer 7.x
4) Install SOHO Organizer 8.
5) Launch SOHO Organizer 8. The ﬁrst time you launch SOHO Organizer 8, it will ask you if you want to convert your
SOHO Organizer 7.x database to the new database format. Follow the onscreen instructions. The conversion
process uses a built-in application called SOHO Migration Assistant that you may see in your Dock.
6) Choose File > Migrate from Version 7 at any time if you want to convert other version 7 databases to version 8.
To convert data from even earlier versions of SOHO Organizer or Personal/Group Organizer:
1) Visit this article which contains detailed instructions on converting from earlier Chronos products.