In 2009, Chronos released SOHO Organizer 8 which uses an SQLite database format instead of OpenBase. SOHO Organizer 8 includes a utility called SOHO Migration Assistant which converts a version 7 OpenBase database to an SQLite database. The SOHO Migration Assistant can NOT convert version 5 or version 6 OpenBase databases to SQLite.
This means that converting a Personal/Group Organizer database is actually a two step process. First, the Personal/Group Organizer database has to be converted to an OpenBase database. Then, the OpenBase database has to be converted to an SQLite database.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: As noted in the above background information, some of the tools involved in converting Personal/Group Organizer data files were developed a long time ago and only run on older versions of Mac OS X. Our engineers no longer use the development tools and systems used to create a lot of this software, so Chronos no longer devotes engineering to these conversion programs. Chronos can thus no longer guarantee or support the performance of these tools or the conversion process. We've decided to still makes these tools available for users who have older systems and want to convert their Personal/Group Organizer data, but you're on your own when using them. This means that Chronos can no longer perform these conversions for users or answer questions about the process or problems encountered in the process.
The below steps outline the basic procedure for the conversion process.
1) Download and install SOHO Organizer 6.5.4 from the below URL. Requires Mac OS X 10.4.9 or later and is a Universal application (runs natively on both PowerPC and Intel-based computers). This software will NOT run on Snow Leopard (Mac OS 10.6 or later).
2) Launch SOHO Organizer 6.5.4. This will create a new database.
3) Quit SOHO Organizer 6.5.4.
4) Download and install the SOHO Organizer Converter for version 6.5.4 from the below URL:
5) Launch the SOHO Organizer Converter and follow the instructions. The conversion may take awhile depending upon the amount of data that is converted. Quit the converter when done.
6) Launch SOHO Organizer 6.5.4 and view your converted data then quit the software.
7) Download and install SOHO Organizer 7.0.7 from the below URL. Requires Mac OS X 10.5.2 or later and is a Universal application (runs natively on both PowerPC and Intel-based computers).
8) Launch SOHO Organizer 7.07. This will convert your database to format that can be converted by SOHO Organizer 8.x.
9) Download and install SOHO Organizer 8.x from the below URL. Requires Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later.
10) Launch SOHO Organizer 8.x. You'll be asked if you want to convert your old data. Answer in the affirmative and follow the instructions in the SOHO Migration Assistant to convert your data from version 7 to version 8. You can also choose File > Migrate From Version 7 to run the migration assistant at any time.