Normally, you should be able to migrate your version 7.x database to version 8.x using the SOHO Migration Assistant that is built into version 8.x. This article will detail the steps you should take if you've run into problems.
In order for version 8 to convert your version 7.x data, version 7.x MUST be installed and working on your computer. The below steps should resolve most conversion issues.
1. Download and install SOHO Notes 7.x (even if you're a SOHO Organizer user).
2. Run the SOHO Notes 7.x installer.
3. After you agree to the license agreement click the "Customize" button.
4. Enable the "Database Engine" option and then click Install.
5. Restart your computer.
6. Open the "SOHO Series" folder located inside the Applications folder.
7. Launch SOHO Notes.
If SOHO Notes launches then continue to Section 2 below. If SOHO Notes does NOT launch then continue to Section 1 below.
1. Download the latest OpenBase installer for Mac OS X from the following URL:
2. Run the OpenBase installer. During the OpenBase installation the OpenBase Setup Wizard window will appear.
3. Click the "Register Offline" button.
4. For the Name, Company, and Email put in the following information:
5. Enable the option "Do not send me email other than to report a problem".
6. Click Continue.
7. For the Serial Number enter in the following:
8. For the Authorization enter in the following:
9. Click Continue.
10. Enable the option "Local-only access (turn off incoming access)".
11. Click Continue.
12. Click Continue.
13. Disable "Install Demo Databases".
14. Click Continue. The installer will continue at this point.
15. When the installer finishes restart your computer.
16. Open the "SOHO Series" folder located inside the Applications folder.
17. Launch SOHO Notes.
If SOHO Notes launches then continue to Section 2 below. If SOHO Notes still does not launch after these steps then contact customer service.
1. Launch SOHO Organizer or Notes 8.x.
2. Choose File > Migrate from Version 7 and follow the on-screen steps.
If there's a problem with the conversion at this point then contact customer service.