When you click on a letter on the alphabet bar a search of the database is quickly performed in order to show the correct contacts. If no contacts appear when you click on a letter then do the following steps:
1. Choose SOHO Organizer > Preferences, and click the General button.
2. Click the "Rebuild Search Index" button.
3. Close the Preferences window.
4. Open the Contact Card.
5. Search for a contact using the main search field in the upper right hand corner of the window. If the contact is found then clear the search.
6. Click on a letter in the alphabet bar.
At this point you should see the appropriate contacts.