1) When you purchased iScrapbook, the main thing you were purchasing is the software itself. The iScrapbook application makes digital scrapbooking very easy and its power and ease-of-use are unmatched on both the Mac or Windows platforms.
2) When you first launch iScrapbook, it will install one sample iScrapKit that includes an alphabet, embellishments, papers, etc. You can use these items to create your own pages. The software will also install 14 page templates for 12x12 and 8.5x11 size pages. These are the pages you see when you create a new page. You can use one of these pages if you don't want to design your own from scratch. Plus, you can re-use any of the artwork on these pages to create your own pages.
3) A nice collection of FREE templates can be downloaded and installed to add to the basic templates included in the application itself. These templates aren't included in the download of iScrapbook application because they would make the application download too large. The "Templates Installer" will install 92 more pre-designed template pages for 12x12 and 8.5x11 sizes. Again, you can re-use any of the artwork on these pages to create your own pages or you can customize however you want. The installer requires a password that was included in your email receipt when you purchased iScrapbook. APRIL 17, 2013 NOTE: This download is no longer available since Chronos stopped selling iScrapbook 2 several years ago when a new version was released and there's been ample time to download the templates installer since then.
4) A nice collection of FREE iScrapKits can be downloaded at the below URL. These aren't included in the download of iScrapbook application because they would make the application download too large. APRIL 17, 2013 NOTE: These downloads are no longer available since Chronos stopped selling iScrapbook 2 several years ago when a new version was released and there's been ample time to download the included kits since then.
Once you download these free iScrapKits, you can simply select ALL of the iScrapKits and then drag them to the iScrapbook application in the Dock to install them. After installing these free iScrapKits, you'll have a total of 26 iScrapKits that you can use to create your own scrapbook pages. These 26 iScrapKits contain a lot of artwork. In fact, they contain:
334 Alphabet letters
42 Word arts
1276 Total graphics
5) If you add up the disk space of all the page templates and iScrapKit graphics, you'll see that the software comes with 1031 MB (or over 1 GB) of graphics. That's the equivalent of 2 CD's worth of high-resolution artwork.
6) We include a lot of artwork to help get you started and provide you with some fun essentials. Licensing artwork is very expensive since it is very time-consuming for artists to create. Plus, as you can see, it takes a lot of disc space. We want to keep the price of the software reasonable, so we hope we've struck a good balance here.
7) Artwork is also very subjective. What one person likes, another person may dislike. Choosing and purchasing artwork that you like is a very satisfying and fun experience. The iScrapbook.com store make purchasing high-quality artwork from artists all over the world fun, easy, and affordable. Plus, it's the only digital artwork that is searchable.